Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, 7 Days a week
I am raising funds for the food expenses for the kids of Vanavil.
Children joining Vanavil belong to some of the most under-nourished groups due to their nomadic living. One of the main focuses of Vanavil has been to feed them a healthy and nutritious meal so that they grow up as strong and healthy individuals capable of gaining an education.
What started as a relief effort during the Asian Tsunami of 2004 has blossomed into a place where these children thrive and have an opportunity at a better future.
Vanavil is an alternative residential school for children of these marginalized communities. Our mission is to educate the children, provide livelihood and empower the communities.
Young children are provided education on site from LKG to Std. V. From Std. VI onwards, children are sent to the nearby Government schools. Older children are shepherded through school and college. Children are provided three nutritious meals a day. We provide personalized care for every student and provide assistance with college or diploma or vocational training and ensure they are prepared to stand on their own.
Currently, Vanavil houses about 180 kids of ages 3 - 18.
• Children pulled out of begging.
• Prevention of exposure to abuse on the streets.
• Children get nutritious food and proper health care.
• Children are educated and prepared to earn a living on their own.
• No child marriages.
• Children are getting requisite identifications, bank accounts and necessary documents to avail government benefits that they are eligible for.
• Lower infant mortality.
• Community awareness. While it was difficult initially to get parents to send their kids to school, nowadays they bring their children to school voluntarily.